Suffolk County Police Athletic League Player’s and Parents Ethics Pledge
The Suffolk County Police Athletic League has adopted a zero-tolerance policy for violence. This
includes physical acts of violence, threats of violence or threatening behavior. A violation
committed by any participant (player, coach, referee), parent or fan, will result in immediate
expulsion for the league and a fine to the organization from which he/she belongs. The following
will bring to your attention the type of behavior we hope and expect from our parents. Please read,
sign and follow the pledge for a safe and enjoyable season for your child
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and
officials at every game or practice.
PLAYER’S CODE OF ETHICS
2. I will emphasize skill, development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning.
3. I will refrain from coaching my child or others during games and practices unless I am an
4. I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my
child or others.
5. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to
6. I will support my organization, our coaches and officials working with my child, to encourage a
positive and very enjoyable
7. experience for everyone.
8. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol and
will refrain from their use at all Suffolk County P.A.L. sporting events.
9. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, officials and fans with respect regardless
of race, sex, creed or ability.
10. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will not question, discuss or
confront coaches at the game field. I
11. will speak with coaches at an agreed time and place.
12. I will not engage in any unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent,
such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
13. I will help my child enjoy this experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful
fan, becoming an assistant coach, provide transportation, anything you can do that’s Positive.
14. Let the coaches’ coach – let the officials officiate and above anything else; LET THE CHILDREN
15. I will be responsible for the conduct of all guests that I bring to my child’s game.
16. I will remember that this is just a game. Let your child dream his own dreams, let your child
PLAY and have fun. Thank you for your cooperation and have a great season.
I will encourage good sportsmanship from my fellow participants at every game and practice by
demonstrating good sportsmanship. I will attend every practice and game that I can and will notify
my coaches if I cannot I will do my best to listen and learn from coaches. I will treat my coaches,
other players, officials and fans with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or abilities and I
expect to be treated accordingly.
I deserve to have fun during my P.A.L. experience and I will tell my parents or coaches if it stops
being fun. I will encourage my parents to be involved with my activity in some capacity because it
is important to me. I will do my best in school. I will remember that my participation in P.A.L. is
an opportunity to learn and have fun.